Friday, February 6, 2009

My Quiet Area.....


Yesterday was a very challenging day with Cassie and Cisco. Mostly Cassie. Things were to cold, until I heated them..... and then they were to hot. She was going crazy throwing toys and chasing puppy and screaming, but when I told her it was time to pickup thing...... then she "couldn't" feel good. Then she felt to good to take a nap...... and during all of this she didn't want to play with her toys!!!! By the time daddy got home I was more than ready to let him take over.
She was so challenging that even daddy was loosing patients.(That hardly ever happens!) During dinner she decided to make "paw prints" with her ketchup. That really upset daddy. (Mommy thought it was kind of cute.)
So after this challenging day all I wanted to do is relax a little. I love to read to relax, so I went to my room and sit down in my chair with a throw and a good book. Of course Cassie kept coming in and wanted to sit with me. I told her this was mommies quiet area where mommy reads. She could only come to my quiet area if she was going to be quiet. And of course she insisted she would be quiet. Okay, maybe Cassie and I just have different idea of what quiet is. She went to her room and grabbed her blankie, woody doll, and some books. Then she crawled under the throw I had on my legs repeatedly. In and out.... In and out.... getting more books, rearranging everything. Then when the puppy would try to play, she would scold him and say, "This is my area!!!!" How could I be upset then? That was so cute.
So mommy has her quiet area..... and Cassie has her area. To bad they are in the same space. Oh well, this was still the highlight of my day.

1 comment:

  1. How sweet is that? Cassie has joined in with a long line of females in the family that always had "their area?" Sorry her area uplaps with yours and is a bit more busy, but hey! At least she's getting the concept! I always love a Cassie story.

    Paw prints with ketchup? How creative is this child? Love it!

    ReplyDelete