Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It's offical..... I have lost my mind!



If you did not read the post before this one, this one will not have the same meaning, but here I go.........
Either my sweet hubby is not as good at running interference or he secretly wanted his little angel to have a puppy. After my last post I spent a lot of time researching best puppies for kids and then the Bichon Frise it self. The more I read and after talking to obviously the wrong people. (my mother and my dog loving neighbor)I decided that we should make a trip back to visit the puppy. All my sweet hubby had to say was,"Go read you blog!!"
My mother has been secretly or not so secretly wanting a dog for a while now. I think she thinks we will want to get this new little cutie a new home and is just waiting to jump in and rescue him.
So on to our new little bouncing bundle of joy!!! He is a Bichon Frise...aka little white fluffy dog. His name is still up for grabs.... Dale calls him Buddy, Cassie calls him Doggy, and I keep trying new names to see if anything seems to grab me or him. So far I am leaning towards Cisco. He seems to like it best.
We are all very taken with him. The morning after we got him, when Cassie woke up and went to the kitchen and saw him she said with much delight," I have a dog!!!"
I figure that potty training her was not enough of a challenge for me, so I upped the ante.... I would say wish me luck, but I really did bring this one on myself.
Oh well, it will probably mean more to blog about. Or maybe Cassie's competitive nature will make her want to be potty trained before the puppy!
He is pretty cute, but my favorite shoes are still intact, so we will see how I feel about him later.
As a friend told me yesterday......I really should have upped my meds.

1 comment:

  1. Oh please, do not be throwing your mother under the....uhhhhh......puppy poo. Way back in October of last year when we were visiting you were dragging me here and yon to look at puppies. Was the tot you claim to get a pet for interested in puppies? No...if you remember she was in ecstasy over the baby white mice and the big spidery looking things. So, I knew it was just going to be a matter of time before y.....I mean, Cassie had a puppy.

    However, I think you made a cute choice and I admire your restraint in not getting a brand new puppy but, a reject. How could that face be rejected? The universe obviously had held him over for you to find each other.

    I really, truly enjoyed your post so much, even the parts where you outed me in your puppy plotting. You may have stumbled into a good plan; the possiblity Ms. Cassie won't want to be beaten by a dog in any training program.

    I see many blogs in the future dealing with the puppy/baby antics, conspired and otherwise.

    ReplyDelete