Monday, January 26, 2009

Is this phone glued to my ear?


That is what Cassie was wondering about her mommy yesterday. It was one of those when it rain it pours days. The only person besides my hubby and little sweetheart Cassie (I am trying the if I say it enough she will become it approach for a while.) I talk to on a daily basis is my mother, my confident, my ever so funny muse. (the last 3 are the same person) But yesterday I had the wonderful opportunity to talk to so many of my friends. I still stay in touch with these friends, but we don't get to talk on the phone very often. Yesterday just happen to be the day they all called.

I started out the day talking to my mother, as usual, and then got a call and with much excitement told her I would call her back. I had a wonderful conversation with my eldest daughter while playing with my youngest, and then called my mother back.

Then on of my friends from Kansas called and I once again told my mother with much excitement I would call her back. Had a great conversation with my very patient friend while playing with my daughter, and then called my mother back.

Guess what happened? Yep, another friend called..... my mother laughed and told me with excitement to call her back. This friend had just started blogging and so we had lots to talk about. As I listen to my daughter not taking a nap in her room.

So back to my mother...... I had lots to talk about since I had to update her on my friends lives too. I am sure by this point you will not be surprised to hear that I got another call. By now my mother is not sounding very excited about me hanging up with her so I can talk to another friend, but lets face it..... she is my mother and ever understanding.

Now I decided Cassie is not going to take a nap, so I just get her up and call my mother back.......annnnnnnddddd, Yep, get another call. Have i said how patient and understanding my mother is? And while I am on the apprecitation thing...... I have to say that not only do I appreciate my friends in Kansas, but my wonderful and understanding friend Diana in New Orleans........ she very nicely reminded my that she was not mentioned in my appreciation blog. But I did apologize in advance :)

Well all this talking and playing with my daughter, and looking at my computer made for a very full day. It was great fun for me, and I was in the best mood I have been in a long time, but my poor hubby did not get his homemade egg rolls for dinner. (those things take a while to make) One can not be entertain her daughter, mother and friends all day and then be expected to whip up some fabulous egg rolls. I am sure they will taste better tonight!

2 comments:

  1. Note from your ever-so-patient mother: Well my dear, I love that you have so many friends; I even love your friends myself and I especially love your daughters, both older and younger. Of course I also love your sons, who for whatever reason didn't call during our 17 starts and stops of phone conversations yesterday. I love what you write about (like me...Yay for me!) But, I really don't love having our morning conversation done in 22 second segments....Geeze, of course my excitement level was taking a dip. I have enough trouble remembering what I was saying one minute ago let alone have one thought that was suppose to stay in my head throughtout the whole day!

    I completely understand. I also have days like that and your dad just stops even trying to talk to me and mutters into his laptop, or whatever. If my life had to whirl and dance around a 2 year old, I'd be welcoming every diversion with a grownup adult I could find.

    P.S. I'm your muse? Thank you.....I don't believe I've ever been someones "muse" before. What IS a muse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL on Kay's muse comment :) You're making eggrolls tonight? How nice of you, I wouldn't do it :) Thanks for taking my call yesterday. Love ya

    ReplyDelete