Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Here's hoping.........


I am sitting here watching the inauguration activities...... and I have to confess, this is the first time in my life I have watched the long TV coverage with great anticipation. I could not even tell you if they have had this kind of coverage. They are swearing him in as I type...... I have goose bumps!! Cassie just said there is Obama...... He talks! Isn't that so cute. I have been telling her all morning how special today is. She says Yay Obama! and goes on to play. LOL, she is now saying Gobama, gobama, while they are chanting Obama on TV. ( I hope we don't need a potty break while he is speaking.)

It is so cool to hear the delay in the cheering of the crowd as they here President Obama's speech....... Maybe it is because I am menopausal, but his speech is moving me to tears. I am so hopeful for the future of our country under his leadership. My mother go an email from a friend, and it said to pray for Obama's failure. This made me sooooooo made. Even if you did not vote for this man, or do not like him, how could anyone pray for his failure? That would mean failure for our country...... I think if someone thinks like that they should just move to another country. They do not deserve to live in this country.

Well enough of that...... I am looking towards the future with a positive out look. Just think, Cassie is almost potty train! That in it self shows how things are starting to get better!

1 comment:

  1. It has been a 'goose-bumpy' kind of morning, eh? I can't remember the last time the swearing in a new president ritual effected me quite as much. Probably when I was young, hopeful, and we had a youthful, vibrant gentleman taking his place in history. That of course would be President JFK. Dad & I talked about how happy we are to have lived to see this particular time and president.

    The wee one is appropriate picture for the day featured in her patriotic colors. I know how she was trained early to be an Obama supporter! She's waaaaay too cute!

    ReplyDelete