Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Boyfriend???!!!




The other day when I was picking up Cassie from school she announced very excitedly that she has a boyfriend!!! I am thinking, NO!!!! don't let this start this soon. I guess it should have been a clue when she actually blushes when she watches Derick on Dancing with the Stars, or that she names any new toy Twist after the boy on Fresh Beat Band because she "Loves him" that we were in for trouble!
I asked what her new boyfriends name was, but she didn't know, but she was sure he was her boyfriend. I asked if he was a boy, that was her friend? She said YES!, and they are going to get married some day. I asked it he was aware that he was her boyfriend, and she said that he said okay when she asked him..... well, then she said she thinks he asked her, and then she said they just are. Now is when I drop the boyfriend topic thinking she will forget...... Next day I pick her up and she comes running out of school announcing she knows her boyfriends name!!!! So Eric is the lucky guy.... She is 5!!!! What are we going to see when she is a teenager?
The other day we took her to a playland and there were not to many kids there. She was following one little boy around asking if he wanted to play with her, and he just kept walking..... she kept following and repeating... would you like to play with me? Finally when he stopped she asked again ... would you like to play with me and be my friend? He replied, You are a girl.... she then replied , but I am a pretty girl.... and guess what? He then started playing with her! Cassie just does not understand why anyone would not want to be her friend..... I think that is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment