Thursday, March 12, 2009

Out of the frying pan and into the fire!!!


Okay, what is worse than having your husband being laid off with no new job in sight? Having the same wonderful husband having surgery on BOTH feet at the same time. Yes, I said both at the same time. I know it makes sense to him to get them both out of the way now so he can have his 6 week recovery time all at once, but do you know how restricted that makes him? Remember that I also have a 3 year old, new puppy and now an invalid to top things off. One of the biggest challenges is keeping the little one and puppy off of the now waiting target. He is like this big beacon reclining in the living room, and that just seems to be to much for them to resist. I need to make a cage to protect his feet. The rest of him is up for grabs..... just do not touch the feet!!! It doesn't help that this is the same husband that can hardly sit still for more than 5 minutes. He is always doing something, and now he is restricted to bed or his recliner. You can imagine what a joy he is to be around..... He keeps wiggling all over. That wouldn't be so bad, but we bought him a new recliner at Sams since we didn't have one before, and the leather squeaks and groans with every move. Or maybe that is just my nerves squeaking and groaning. Anyway, this should be an interesting few weeks. Maybe I will start crushing the other half of Dales pain killers and put them in his food. He is being the tough guy and only taking half of his pain medicine, I really think I need him to take the other half too! Speaking of medicine...... I should be recording him. He is having little mental laps. Today someone called and every time I would walk bake into the room he was telling this person the same thing I heard him telling them the last time I was in the room. After 4 times of this happening I was starting to think I should warn people who call to talk to him. If nothing else this should be very entertaining..... I will have to keep bloggin the highlights. Some day I might look back on this and laugh:)

1 comment:

  1. This has to be one my all time favorite pictures of Cassie. I 100 captions could be put on this photo. Seriously, blogging may be the only thing to keep you sane for the next 6 weeks.....just to get your frustrations off your chest and out into cyberland. You are going to have your hands full even more than ususal. Good thing you're such an artful multitasker.....you're going to be honing those skills to the nth! Just don't lose your sense of humor and you'll make it.

    ReplyDelete