Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Gotta Love Summer


Boy do I love summer!!!! It is not only because my birthday is in July, and anyone who knows me knows I love my birthday....... even if it means I am getting another year older. My parents always made a big deal about birthdays when I was growing up and so the expectation has always been very high. But I digress..... summer is about more than my birthday, or two of my four children's birthdays.( I just happen to be sandwiched in between) Or my husbands or his sisters or even one of the grandsons. Wow, we have a lot of birthday in the summer! Okay, I am digressing again.

I love that you can be outside more...... I love the feel of air conditioning on my skin when I come in from the heat. I love the longer days. I love the smell of rain on a hot summer day. I love to relax and just gaze out at the lake. I love dangling my feet in the cool water. I love the smell of bar-b-que. I love the feel of the sun on my skin and the smell of sun tan lotion. I love all of the festivals there are to go to. But most of all I love seeing family and friends.

It always seems like summer is when we either visit family and friends or they visit us. We just got back from South Dakota visiting my parents, sister and her family. Now we will be seeing Dales sister and her husband soon. Then my eldest son Brendan and his girlfriend for his 21st birthday! (opps I said the B word again) Then we have my best friend from Kansas and her son coming to visit. I am so excited!!!
We still have plenty of summer left for more visitors.......and now you all know how much I love them.

One of the nicest things about summer is having my son Marc here all summer with us!

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures you added to your blog, and thank you for not putting one of me in there because I happen to know not one good one was taken while you were here. I love the shot of Marc, Dad and Hali in their pretend(?) fight over grandpa. Cassie leading grandpa down the stairs at The Ranch, you with camera in hand, (wonder who took that shot?) and especially the sunset at the lake, which I never get to see. I know your birthday will be extra special this year having Brendan there to celebrate with you. Special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You take such awesome photos, Colette! I especially love the one of the sunset. That is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete